Wednesday 8 May 2013

Oil & lemon make the best......

FACIAL CLEASNERS!
 
Please excuse my cap locks attack, but I am absolutely dumbfounded that after YEARS of trying most everything on the market the 2 things that would save my skin were sitting in my fridge. Strap yourselves in people, because this is a long one.
 
Let me tell you my skin tale.....I've never had bad skin per say, a blemish here or there and all very typical of a teenage complexion. But like every other girl that is pale as the driven snow, I have lusted after the perfect 'Snow White' porcelain complextion. Then at the age of 24, I unexplicably began to break out with Cystic Acne!
 

Oh prfect skin! Where art thou?
 
This was a nightmare, and as someone who has never worn very much foundation I dreaded my new routine of slathering my skin with flesh coloured make up every morning. Oh how I felt a fool to once have cursed at those few measely blackheads on my otherwise clear forehead! And let me tell you, those cysts hurt like hell!
As one can imagine, I would search the internet for answers; why would I develop such an aggressive skin condition in my twenties!? What had I done wrong? I cut out various foods, went to skin spas, dermatologists, tried every benzoyl peroxide & salicylic acid laced product on the market and even some prescription creams that made me my skin look dead. The only thing any of this ever managed to accomplish was dry, red, irritated skin, less answers than when I started and unforunately a slightly smaller bank balance.
 
I was finding myself becoming withdrawn, not as social as I was previously. I would constantly be paranoid that people where staring at my skin condition and would often dread looking in mirrors. Where as I previously had enjoyed applying my makeup to leave the house, I now saw it as a dreaded chore and nessecity to mask the ever present bumps on my chin, neck and temples. And then oneday, as if by fate, my mother presented me with an article about lemons and their anti-bacterial properties.
 

One of the usses suggested in the article was a lemon wedge applied directly to the skin as a toner, then steamed off with a hot wash cloth. Now I must admit I was skeptical that a lemon could provide me with the answer so many could not. But let face it, at this point I would have applied concrete to my face if there was a chance of some improvement. So that night I cut a lemon into 8 pieces, and after washing my face I rubbed the wedge onto my skin, brushed my teeth & steamed the juice off. I will not lie to you, the juice stung like hell, but immediately I noticed my skin calm down, the reddness subsided and some of the cysts looked to have reduced in size before my eyes. I moisturized and went to bed.
People I do not lie when I tell you this, the next morning almost half of the blemished were comlpetely gone, redness entirely gone and the remaining cysts had reduced signifignatly in size. I could not believe my eyes, and initally tacked it up to coincidence. I continued using lemon thou, and by the 5th morning my skin was begininng to look like it former self. I could have cried.
 
It was at this point that I had a natural revolution. If lemon worked as a toner, than surely I could find just as effective of a natural cleanser? I took to the internet and found some compelling informtion about oil cleansing. It seems absurd at first, until you actually thnk about it. Oil is natural to the body, and most of us don't think twice about applying harsh, abrasive chemicals to our skin; effectively stripping it of all natural oils and leaving it dull and lifeless. We then apply shimmery powers to gain back that 'healthy glow' that we just stripped away. But one of the trusted properties of Chemistry states that like substances will remove each other, oil removes oil. I was sold, and from my reseach learned that Hemp oil is in fact the most similar in profile to the oil our own bodies produce. It has a pefect PH balance, has similar properties of Linoleic acid and will not clog pores. Luck would have it that I already take 2 spoon fulls of this wonderful suppliment daily, and had a bottle in my fridge.
 
Oh how I love you!
So that night I brought it into the bathroom with me, cleansed for 10 minutes, gently rubbing onto my face and neck. Once done I steamed my face twice with a wash cloth, proceeded to tone with lemon, steam and moisturized.
 
Now you can doubt me, or you can try it for yourself and see the results first hand (and hemp oil may not work for everyone, but I am conviced that oil cleansing is the way to go), but I woke up the next morning and my skin was beautiful. Anyone with cystic ance will tell you that those things are impossible to zap and sometimes take months to disapear. Hemp oil got rid of most of them overnight. I have been doing this routine every night now for 2 weeks, I have ZERO cysts, no blemishes and 1 blackhead on my nose. My skin looks better than it ever has and I imagine I haven't even seen the full results yet. My skin glows, it absorbs mosturizer beautifully, I look awake and refreshed every morning. People comment on how beautiful my skin is and I have to laugh beacuse less than a month ago I was hiding underneath pancake make-up.
 
I have added a weekly masque of melaluca honey to my skin care regime, I let the honey sit for 20 minutes to take advantge of its anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties. my friends laugh that i will raid their fridges for things to wash my face with, but if you are having skin problems and feel like you've tried everything then I do implore you to give this a try, because if you've tried everything else than what have you got to loose?
 
*A

No comments:

Post a Comment